Add your story or photograph

Do you want to share a photograph or story about something that is happening here in the Benefice? Just email it to:- mawvoffice@btinternet.com

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Las Posadas:The days before.



Must be for me - there is a donkey shoe on it!
Saturday 10th December
This was Mary's favourite - I have to say it tasted
rather good too!

Donkey:          Well, off we went to Milton Abbas Church. Wow-eee, the change in there since we were taken by Dulcie to Choir Practice. It all looks sooooooo beautiful decorated with all those amazing trees. We were placed halfway up the aisle. This was a new Rev, the Rev Sue, who said halfway up was symbolic as we were still travelling!  The singing was good even though the choir sat amongst the congregation. There were quite a few kids and they so enjoyed placing the figures in the Nativity scene up near the pulpit. It was a little scary when the lights were all turned out, but peeping through the box it was lovely to see all the trees light up.

The Inn Keepers wife from Bethlehem was there. Three times she told folks about the Inn where we are headed. Quite a tale she recalled. Someone said she is quite an actress and I should have asked for her autograph, whatever one of those is. She gave Murray some bedding and ask him to help make up the beds and as for the dustpan and brush she gave Jeremy to help clear up after me! Well, I ask you!!! Someone ought to tell that Debbie that I’m house trained. Oh, and by the way, our friend Dulcie excelled herself on the organ. Joseph tried a little of the red wine, Mary only had the refreshments, and everyone forgot about me. Poor me. Rev Sue said I reminded her of a poem by Chesterton “Tattered Outlaw of the Earth”, or some such thing.             Fancy that.

Sunday 11th December

We spent a comfortable night with John and Sue. Mary enjoyed the Strictly Come Dancing on that screen in the corner. Evidently Sue loves it. She is rooting for Ore to win because she doesn’t watch East Enders. All double dutch to me. Breakfast was porridge and something called toast and marmalade. Great. Then it was off with our hosts to a different church. Something called a Methodist Church which was at Colehill. We were placed on the Communion Table, still in our box, and when the cloths were taken off the bread and wine, Sue released us.                                                                                                                            
The folks were all sat in a circle so we could see everyone and they could see us. I went sort of shy. I mean, I’d only just had my breakfast. But they were ever so friendly and wanted to know all about us and a group that called themselves Knitters said that they would be busy come the new year making replica’s of us. I didn’t like the sound of that, but Sue said that copying is the sincerest form of praise for the excellent job we are doing. I liked the decorations in that Church as well and they have a lovely cut glass window of a cross and dove. It was so beautiful I had to have a roll on my back to show my appreciation.                                                                                             
After lunch John is taking us to St Mary’s, Winterborne Whitechurch, where we are to be placed near the organ as arranged with Debbie our next hostess. I ask you, a Donkey’s life is never done. Perhaps I’ll have a snooze while I have the chance.
Donkey

No comments:

Post a Comment